Spybot Search and Destroy searches your hard drive for so-called spy- or adbots; that is, little modules that are responsible for the ads many programs display. Many of these modules also transmit information, including your surfing behavior on the Internet. If it finds such modules, it can remove them. In most cases the host still runs fine after removing the spyware/adware.
Another feature is the removal of usage tracks, which makes it more complicated for unknown spybots to transmit useful data. The list of last visited websites, opened files, started programs, cookies, all that and more can be cleaned. Supported are the three major browsers Internet Explorer, Netscape Communicator, and Opera.
Spybot Search and Destroy has the following other editions available: Spybot Search and Destroy Tools (Beta).
Latest Changes: View All Changes
- Restored Win95 compatibility
- Improved Wine compatibility
- Fixed HyperThreading issues
- Improved 64 bit immunization
- Create Portable.ini in main folder to use app folder as data folder as well
- New warnings about missing admin rights on Windows Vista
- Support for multi-line bookmarks (IE 7 / Vista)
- New Immunization for Firefox & Mozilla
- Improved Immunization for Opera
- “Single excludes” now include filenames to be more unique
- Improved settings retrieval from registry (mixed installations)
- Fixed .reg import bugs
- Added support for automated removal of F/Ps from host lists
- Changed update UserAgent and Referrer
- Improved (Vista-compatible) support for fast user switching
Download Links: Spybot Search and Destroy 220.127.116.11 Download Link
[tags]Software, Download, Anti Spyware, Spybot Search and Destroy, Malware[/tags]